About Helping Neighbors
Consumers Energy is one of the nation’s largest gas and electric providers, serving nearly 6.5 million of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula residents. The Helping Neighbors Program offers income-qualified customers free installation of high-efficiency measures and educational information to help save energy and money. In 2011, the program successfully provided free energy efficiency assistance to 1,500 households. In 2012, the program successfully provided free energy efficiency assistance to over 20,000 households.
The Helping Neighbors Program is part of Consumers Energy’s commitment to invest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental and customer service enhancements. We want to help you increase energy efficiency and save money!
To get started, call 877-448-9433 or schedule your free appointment online.
How to get your savings
- Call 877-448-9433 or visit our scheduling page to conveniently make your free appointment.
- A Helping Neighbors technician will perform a free walk-though assessment of your home to show you ways to make your home more energy efficient so you can save money.
- ￼￼During the walk-through, your technician will install free energy-saving products.
- ￼Review your Energy Efficiency Educational Packet.
- Enjoy lower energy bills and increased comfort.