How You Can Help
The Helping Neighbors Program works by cultivating relationships with local organizations within the communities we serve. Whether you’re a homeowner, a renter or a member of a community organization, you can help spread the word about the FREE money-saving products and energy efficiency education.
Tell Your Neighbors
After a Helping Neighbors technician installs energy efficiency measures in your home, you can let your neighbors know about the program by telling them when we will be in the neighborhood offering FREE money-saving products and energy efficiency education.
If You Rent
If you rent an apartment, we can still help you and your neighbors stop wasting energy. There are two ways we can help:
- Option one: if you live in an apartment building with four units or less and your household meets federal income guidelines, have your landlord complete the program consent form. Download the form here.
- Option two: if you live in an apartment building with five units or more and your household meets federal income guidelines, let your property manager know about the program because we may be able to install energy saving products in all the units in your building at no cost.
Helping Neighbors Trade Allies
- Parker-Arntz Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
- ES Contracting
Tell Your Customers or Members
Let your customers or members know about the Helping Neighbors Program!
Download a brochure here to help spread the word.
If you have questions about how your agency or organization can help, call 877-448-9433.
Agency request form: Please complete to request materials, contact, etc. from the Helping Neighbors Program.
The Helping Neighbors Program collaborates with the following agencies:
- Michigan Community Action – CAA Network Link
- Community Homeworks Link
- Habitat for Humanity of Michigan Link
To get started, call 877-448-9433 or schedule your free appointment online.